Senior Risk Advisor
- Job Title: Senior Risk Advisor
- Reference: Senior Risk Advisor
- Town/City: Luxembourg
- Contract Type: Permanent
Redbridge Recruitment are working with a leading Law Firm who are looking for a Senior Risk Advisor with extensive AML experience, ideally gained in a Law Firm, to join their team.
You will be:
- Monitoring the Luxembourg legal landscape to ensure an up to date knowledge of the local anti-money laundering legal and regulatory framework;
- Working closely with our Luxembourg MLRO & Deputy (as well as with Head of RABP) to ensure that the AML compliance policies and procedures in our Luxembourg office are adequate to meet local requirements;
- Creating and delivering training to our Luxembourg lawyers to ensure a thorough understanding of the Luxembourg regulatory framework, their obligations arising therefrom and RABP team processes that support them with the discharge of those obligations;
- Supporting Luxembourg MLRO and Deputy with providing our Luxembourg office with any additional AML training required;
- Completing Risk Assessments – research relevant information sources and international databases to compile the documentation needed to verify the identity of Luxembourg office clients in accordance with local requirements.
- Analyse sufficiency of identity documentation in the context of global and Luxembourg policy, local anti-money laundering laws and regulations;
- Accurately record relevant client and matter information in the firm’s Risk Assessment Database;
- Compose written risk assessment, including technical analysis of money laundering, bribery, reputational and sanctions risks with reference to sectoral and jurisdictional risks and FATF identified risk typologies for Luxembourg;
- Liaise with partners, fee earners (and occasionally external clients) in Luxembourg, providing them with a comprehensive explanation of the relevant policy as well as local laws and regulations to support requests for client identification documentation that is not publicly available;
- Compose detailed escalations to MLRO, Head of RABP and Head of Financial Crime (where appropriate), containing relevant risk information and in-depth legal analysis around whether the client/work fits within the firm’s risk appetite or any potential obligation to report to crime authorities that may arise.
- Review and provide feedback on our Luxembourg lawyers’ knowledge and understanding of local AML requirements and their own obligations thereunder, identifying and meeting additional training needs;
- Act as ‘quality assurance’ function for the Luxembourg compliance team’s due diligence and risk assessment
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org