Banking & Financial Services
Redbridge Recruitment is delighted to recruit for a Chief Compliance Officer Europe (Luxembourg) for an international banking group that provides a clientele of private and institutional investors, companies and finance professionals with highly customised investment, private banking and asset management services.
As CCO, you will oversee all the compliance matters of the private bank in Luxembourg and its European branches. You will directly report to the Executive Management of the bank and will work in close collaboration with the Group Head of Risk & Compliance based in Geneva.
Main responsibilities include:
• The bank’s main contact for the Luxembourg Banking Regulator (CSSF) for all Compliance matters as well as the FIU and the Ministry of Finance for all sanctions matters;
• Responsible for monitoring and providing advice and solutions to the Executive Management and across all levels of the organisation on compliance related matters (including AML/CFT, MIFID, Market Abuse, etc.;
• In charge of monitoring the Conduct Risk (Regulatory Risk, AML Risk) including the requirement definition of the annual compliance risk assessment, the action plan, the set-up of the appropriate control framework and the policies and procedures;
• Responsible for high risk clients and the account opening committee;
• Implementation of the compliance monitoring program across the 4 European entities;
• Responsible for the day to day management of the local compliance teams in the 4 European entities;
• Quarterly activity reporting to the authorized management, the board of Directors and to the Group;
• Project leader with tight interactions with the group in the context of implementing AML and regulatory tools.
Qualifications required for the role:
• 8 -10 years’ experience in a similar function within private banking in Luxembourg;
• Strong knowledge of domestic and European regulations;
• Ability to work with a minimum level of supervision and skilled in project management;
• Management of escalation and remedial action processes with the Executive Management;
• Ability to work in a small and fast-growing company, with tight deadlines;
• Entrepreneurial and team spirit, versatile, proactivity;
• Good knowledge of Excel;
• Fluent, both written and spoken, in English and French; Spanish is an asset
For a confidential discussion, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org